David Carlson, President and Chief Investment Officer
- David Carlson has been engaged in the fixed income markets for 30 years as a trader, risk manager, structurer, senior coverage officer and business developer at several global banks and broker dealers. He has managed fixed income portfolios and collateralized transactions through multiple market cycles while overseeing the front-to-back risks and developing portfolio solutions.
- Most recently, he was a Managing Director and head of new funding programs at South Street Securities a $24B repo finance and investment firm and he founded an advisory boutique focused on collateralized funding and balance sheet solutions (2013-16). Prior to South Street, he oversaw several fixed income portfolios and a term repo business as the US Head of Structured Funding and Credit at UBS (2011-12) and he covered priority asset managers, insurance companies, banks and pension funds while running portfolio credit sales at Morgan Stanley (2009-11).
- During 1998 to 2008, David helped build and run several fixed income businesses at JP Morgan as the US Head of Credit Hybrids and Exotics at JP Morgan (2009), Bear Stearns as the Global Co-Head of Credit Trading and Head of Structuring and Marketing (2004-2008), and Credit Suisse/DLJ as the Head of Credit Derivatives (1998-2004). He was a Board Member of the International Swap and Derivatives Association from 2006-08.
- He began his fixed income career trading floating rate notes, corporate bonds and asset-backed securities at the Union Bank of Switzerland (1991-98) and structuring mortgage-backed securities at Goldman Sachs (1987-1989).
- He graduated from Harvard University with an MBA in Finance and University of Maryland with High Honors in Economics and General Honors Program.
Martin St. Pierre, Chief Risk Officer and Chief Compliance OFficer
- Martin St. Pierre has 23 years of experience overseeing fixed income and complex risk portfolios as a trader, risk manager, quantative analyst and business manager.
- Most recently, he was the CIO and CEO of Chamonix Partners Capital Management, a JV between Natixis and Moelis Asset Management (2014-2017) and he was the Global Head of the Legacy Asset Workout Group at Natixis ("GAPC") where he was responsible for the risk management of over $75B of fixed income assets (2009-14). Prior to running GAPC, he was the Global Head of Credit Trading at Natixis (2008-09).
- Martin held several senior trading and risk management roles at Bear Stearns including Head of LatAm Credit Derivatives (2000-2003), Global Head of Structured Credit Derivatives Trading (2003-07) and co-Head of Global Emerging Markets Fixed Income (2007-08). At Credit Suisse, he was a derivatives and a repo trader (1997-2000).
- Prior to becoming a trader, he was a Quantitative Analyst at Credit Suisse Financial Products where he built the risk management and pricing models for the fixed income credit businesses (1994-1997) and he worked at Harvard University as a research and teaching fellow in the Earth and Planetary Sciences department (1993-94).
- Martin graduated from UCLA with a PhD in Applied Mathematics and York University with a Masters in Space Science and McGill University with a BSc in Geophysics with Honors.
Mattias Almers, Partner and Senior Portfolio Manager
- Matias Almers has 22 years of experience in fixed income trading, structuring, counterparty risk management and cash portfolio management at several global banks and corporations.
- Most recently, he was at Bank of America Merrill Lynch where he negotiated, executed and risk managed financing transactions, portfolio transactions, and developed new products for key clients and internal groups (2010-16).
- Prior to BAML, he worked in the Counterparty Risk Trading Group at Barclays Capital where he managed and hedged counterparty risk exposures across investment grade, high yield and distressed counterparties (2009-10).
- Mattias worked in credit structuring and marketing at Bear Stearns (2005-08) and Deutsche Bank (2003-05) where he marketed, structured and executed fixed income client transactions with asset managers, banks, insurance companies and corporations.
- At Ford Motor Company, Mattias focused on the Cash Management Portfolio in the treasurer’s office and executed interest rate and cross currency swaps for Ford Credit (1999-2002). Prior to Ford, he was an investment research analyst (1995-97).
- Mattias graduated from Columbia University with an MBA with Honors and Columbia College with a BA in Economics and Philosophy with Honors.
Brad Wolfthal, Investment Committee Member and Board Member
- Brad Wolfthal has extensive money market trading, investment and risk management experience as the head of repo finance and short duration trading at several leading US and global broker dealers.
- Most recently, Brad was the Global Head of Front-End Trading and Repo Finance at Nomura Securities (2009-2016) and a member of the Fixed Income Americas Executive Committee where he had daily responsibility for the global repo financing business and the short term US Government and Agency Securities trading franchise.
- Prior to Nomura, Brad held a similar role as the Head of Global Financing and Front End Trading at Bank of America Securities (2006-2009).
- He began his career at Lehman Brothers where he traded US Treasuries, repurchase agreements and covered fixed income clients (1994-06). Brad works part-time in his capacity as an Investment Committee Member and also serves on the Board of Advisors of the investment manager.
- Brad graduated from Baruch College with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance.